Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Julius Sprayberry

Do you know that name? You may not find it in the annuals of history. Actually, I never met him--all I know is he was a Christian man who worked in a Georgia factory. While working there he met a young man, a co-worker, and he began talking to this young man about the gospel of Christ and invited him to worship services at the local church of Christ. That young man and his sweet wife attended, studied with brother Sprayberry and both the young man and his sweet wife obeyed the gospel of Christ.

That young man brother Sprayberry converted decided to become a gospel preacher...and he did! He and his wife are faithful servants to this day, some sixty years later.  My, think of all the souls that have been reached due to the efforts of one man, bro. Sprayberry, in reaching another soul...that certain young man.

Tonight, I am going to hear that "young man," Lord willing...and I cannot wait to hear and see my good friend, James Watkins and his sweet wife, Foye.  I'll be headed out to the country...when I finish working at the Wildwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment