Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blessed Assurance

I am blessed in reading Tom Holland's 80th book Blessed Assurance.  Just started it and already some great reminders and marvelous thoughts.  In the preface:

"In a world of turmoil, war, hatred, and greed, God wants His people to live in peace.  In an age of doubt and uncertainty God desires that his people live in confidence" (11).

Peace and Confidence...yes, indeed.  Peace that eases and confidence in "easin' onward." 

As I embark upon chapter two about Christ as the author of our salvation (Heb. 5:9), I am also reminded that He is the "captain of [our] salvation" (Heb. 2:10).  I love this book for it reminds me that as my Captain, He guides and leads...and I'll trust the travel arrangements; not mine, but His.

No comments:

Post a Comment