Monday, August 29, 2011

It's not too far...

...around the corner until fall of the year.  Got to admit, I am an all-weather fan...whatever the Lord brings I will accept and adapt.  I am ready for a break from the heat, I must admit, but until then, we'll remain cool and refreshed as I can.

Speaking of refreshed, I have a good young friend named Jacob.  After I preached last evening concerning Gnosticism and 1 John, Jacob "waved" me to him during the invitation song.  Thinking he might respond, I spoke to him after the song and he said something along the lines of "Bro. Jeff, before the Lord's Supper (wherein he was serving ), is it OK if I comment about your lesson and tell folks I appreciated it and that we really face things that try to take our faith?"

Was I touched with his kindness?  Absolutely.  But, I told him how much I appreciated his encouragement and it meant the world to me...but let's focus on the purpose of his effort--to remind us all of the death of our Savior and to address that thoroughly.  He smiled and said all right.

Here is a young man who encouraged me and in turn, encouraged and exhorted us all with his reverence and focus on the Lord's Supper.  What a precious night...from the Wildwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment