Monday, November 21, 2011

A funny thanksgiving story...

Years ago when I worked for Nabisco, we "revved" it up and stayed busy through the holidays.  We would come out of the gates running the end of October, first of November with our holiday displays--get 'em in, get 'em up and move 'em out.  Another reason, too was so we could ease up with a four day-work week at Thanksgiving.  In essence, we shoved three days work into four that week.

When I would do that, I would work the small town of Hartsville, TN later Wednesday afternoon (normally I would do it on Thursday).  When I would finish, I could not make it home in time for Wednesday evening Bible Study, so I would visit with my friend and "BIG" brother, Dwight Fuqua and the church of Christ at Halltown Road.  On that evening, they had a special "thanksgiving" class and within this class, Dwight would ask questions.

Brother H.I. Holt, I believe was his name...he has since passed on.  Fine, fine man...in his eighties, I believe.  Dwight called on him and said, "H.I., what is one thing you are thankful for?"

That kind, aged, beloved brother in the Lord thought a minute and said, "I am thankful my wife got a good husband."

Broke the whole class up!  Oh, it was great...and I still laugh about it to this day.

Hope you enjoyed the laugh...and a happy thanksgiving to you...from the Wildwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment