Tuesday, November 15, 2011

X-Rays and CT scans...and Daddy

A lot of you knew about my daddy and his passing June 4, 2009.  It was a heart attack that took Daddy's life but he was also battling lung cancer and of course, the lung cancer played a part in the heart attack.

My sister and I became a little more educated about lung cancer and learned that the causes were attributed to Daddy smoking at one time (he quit in 1978, but had smoked probably 30 years at that time--those old, nasty Pall Mall Reds for the most part) and that it is also genetic.  Immediately little brother here asked what we could do and Daddy's awesome doctor, David Spiegel said, "Get a yearly chest X-Ray."

Fast forward to November 9, 2011--physical time...and chest X-Ray.  Sure enough, I get a call and there is a little something on that left lung--pulmonary nodule, believed to be nothing major; don't worry.  "Let's get a CT scan," my newly California transplanted doctor says.

Had the prayer warriors at East Side church of Christ praying.

Fast forward to November 14, 2011--that CT scan was awesome!  November 15...to quote my doctor: "GREAT news, Mr. Archey."  A calcified granuloma, a scarring from some infection in the past.  It is benign, not worrisome, and not cancerous.

Here's my point with the blog...

Was I worried?  Nah, I don't worry; I have a Heavenly Father (Matt. 6:24-33) who tends to it all.

Next...Daddy's treatment was a trial drug treatment and you know, Daddy would have loved to have known if what he went through helped somebody else out.

From all that, I learned to get a simple chest X-Ray to make sure everything is all right. 

Yep, Daddy sure helped someone...his boy...who types this with a thankful heart and tear filled eyes...at the Wildwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment